Trunk Notes 4 was released in January. This updated TN to iOS 7 and included a number of fixes for Dropbox.
The second point release of version 4 has just been submitted to Apple. After a period of months between releases the aim is now to do frequent small updates to respond more quickly to bugs and requests for new features.
Although 4.0.2 is primarily a bug fix release, concentrating mainly on erratic cursor movement, there is a new feature for those of you who use a Bluetooth keyboard. With iOS 7 Apple finally enabled developers to add easy support for keyboard shortcuts when editing text. Trunk Notes takes advantage of this and adds the following keyboard shortcuts:
- ⌘ + B – Bold
- ⌘ + I – Italics
- ⌘ + L – Either inserts [] for a wiki link, or converts a http:// link into an external link e.g. http://www.appsonthemove.com
- ⌘ + T – Strikethrough
- ⌘ + 1 – Cycles through 1st, 2nd and 3rd level headings for the current link
- ⌘ + 2 – Starts a list
- ⌘ + 3 – Starts a numbered list (notice that these three shortcuts correspond in order to the ordering on the toolbar)
- ⌘ + D – Inserts a timestamp
- ⌘ + S – Saves the current note
In the coming weeks support for TextExpander snippets will be reintroduced. If you have any small nice to haves you’d like to see in TN email email@example.com!